Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Smoke in my hair



It was such a good holiday weekend. We went camping at Honey Creek State Park in Grove, OK. We stayed from Friday night until Monday mid-day. My sister, Suzanne, and her son camped with us.

On Saturday we had a family day outing to Har-Ber Village in Grove. My brother James drove my Mom and Dad over and met us there as well my niece and her husband and two daughters. This place is so fun. It was created by Harvey and Bernice Jones of Springdale , AR. It is a village/town setting with time depicted places such as a jail, bank, school house, church, blacksmith,mercantile, post office, dress shop, dentist office,eye doctor, etc., each with antique items displayed from times gone by. It was so neat to see these things and remember the times past with our Grandparents and things that we recognized that they had and things that we had even on our farm growing up. Great memories. What a wonderful family field trip.
Lots of neat old dishes & furniture too.

We came back to camp and had a fish fry. We also had a "over the hill" party for my nieces' husband. He's only 30 but in our family we start them down the hill early! What was funny was that he was our cook for the fish fry and then we rewarded him with a b-day party. Everyone in our family gets whammied at some point with the "old" items.... real dentures from a yard sale, fixodent, spare marbles for when you loose yours, corn pads, fiber pills, arthritis rub etc....it's great!! Anyway...there were 18 of my family there to eat, laugh and enjoy the party!

So all in all it was a great weekend of visiting with my family, sleeping in until the camp noises woke you up, eating & cooking outside, taking walks down to the boat dock and watching the boats, watching the boys kayak, talking my dog Tico on walks around the camp, sitting by the camp fire at night and getting smoke in my hair, looking at magazines with my sister. It was all good, so good!!

So now it is back to the real world....

3 comments:

  1. Your weekend sounds fabulous! We got invited to go "camping" but then the whole group was planning on staying in a hotel. Excuse me, that's NOT camping! Thanks for your sweet notes, and the thought of coffee and chocolate with you sounds fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds fabulous!! I haven't gone camping in a looooong while. The place you went to sounds very interesting, and we live not-so-very-far from Grove, so we'll have to check it out! LOVED your pictures!!! Keep it up.
    See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I think we will have to check that place out it sounds so interesting.

    I mentioned you in my latest blog, you'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!!!