Wednesday, January 28, 2009




Ice Cold...




Ice everywhere!! Yikes!! Just look at my trees, my beautiful trees. I know -- I should be thankful that they didn't fall on my house, cars, someone elses house or cars -- but it makes me sick to look at them and know that they will just have to be cut down. So no, I'm not feeling very thankful. We planted them both the year we moved into our house. That would be in 1995!! I have loved seeing Logan climb them, hanging bird feeders and hummingbird feeders from them and thinking how they were big enough now the last few years to really provide shade for us. Oh well. I still feel ill....

Our power was off yesterday (Tuesday) once and then today twice. I am amazed how the house held it's heat. I'm so thankful that it came back on so that I could finish cooking corn dogs yesterday for Logan and his friend Riley and back on today so I could dry some clothes!! Amazing how much we rely on the electricity! I for sure would have been a grumpy frontier woman -- but if I didn't know anything different maybe I'd have done okay? I like the comforts of modern day living -- I'm so spoiled, I know.

Hope everyone is safe and warm. Take care. Love ya.
Sylvia






1 comment:

  1. Hey... I am so sorry about your trees. I mourn the loss of every one that was a victim of the storm. Our sweet beautiful little Dogwood in the courtyard here was MANGLED. It almost makes me weep. The destruction out here was horrible.. yet.. the ice was beautiful. Truly. Everything was coated in frosting. AND although I am glad that we don't live in pioneer days.. we enjoyed our days without power. We made some neat memories and are so thankful now to have our electricity back. Like the pioneers.. we will clean up and keep going. I am with you though.. on mourning the loss of your trees... but in the spring..when God renews the earth, things will look brighter. Missed you at cards... need to get on my swaps! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Talk To Me!!!